Once I’ve stumbled upon High Priority Free Software Projects at FSF. The idea appealed to me so here I present similar thing for Libav. It also has one or two sane proposals (hopefully) and offers the same level of support (i.e. none). But maybe in some cases we or I can help with it.
- Proper filter system. When I say “proper” I mean the one that allows dynamic reconfiguring, handles errors and works for arbitrary inputs and outputs;
libswscalereplacement. The one that doesn’t sap sanity when you look at its code. Maybe with a nicer API too. And better pixel format support.
- Improve RM demuxer or maybe rewrite it from scratch;
- Add proper support for multirate RM streams;
- Add IVR format demuxer;
- Add ClearVideo decoder (that’s the last codec in RM that we don’t support, hopefully not for long).
Other Intel codecs support
- Improve Indeo4 decoder (it still has some features lacking);
AddImprove Intel Audio Coder decoder.
On2 codecs support
- On2 VP7 decoder (we still can implement it faster than certain Baidu rival releases its source code);
- On2 VP4 decoder;
- On2 AVC decoder (that stands for “Audio for Video Codec”).
Too bad I cannot even find a decoder for On2 AVC nowadays. We have some samples though.
Micro$oft (screen) codecs support
This company has at least four screen codecs that we don’t support (
MSA1, MSS2, MTS2 and CGDI). Add M$ Screen Codec 1 decoder; Add M$ Screen Codec 2 decoder; Add M$ Expression Encoder Screen Codec decoder;
- Add beta Windows Media Video 9 interlaced decoding.
- Fix beta Windows Media Video 9 P-frames decoding.
QuickTime codecs support
Add Rottenfruit Intermediate Codec decoder;
- Add any other codec decoder.
- Add GoToMeeting 2-4 decoder;
- Add more screen codec decoders;
- Add more game format decoders (especially Discworld Noir BMV);
- Add more audio (especially speech) codec decoders.