So I’ve looked at them.
Micronas SC4 seems to be rather unusual as it seems to bring elements of LPC to ADPCM. So it’s not just the old conventional “get nibble, multiply by step, output prediction, update index and step values”—it keeps a history of last 6 decoded samples and predictions and use them to calculate a new prediction value. Details might appear in the Wiki one day.
VoxWare MetaSound is three families of 2-3 codecs bundled under the same brand. I’ve not looked at technical details but they seem to have lots and lots of tables with floating point numbers (or just a bit of tables if you’ve looked at MetaSound first).
Here are the codecs:
- RT24 2400bps “Real-Time” codec (ID is
- RT28 2844bps “Real-Time” codec (ID is
- RT29 2978bps “High Quality” codec (ID is
- VR12 1260bps Variable Rate codec (ID is
- VR15 1537bps Variable Rate codec(ID is
- SC3 3200bps “Embedded” codec (no ID)
- SC6 6400bps “Embedded” codec (no ID)
Ask for support by grabbing
j-b and demanding it to be supported. I know there are other players beside VLC but that’s the only project advertising that it “plays it all” even on T-shirts. It’s time to be responsible for your own words. And ask for Bink2 too while at it.